Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the exposition of Scripture and personal relationships in order to equip the Church to impact this generation.
SWO Core Values:
- Servant Heart
If you are interested in any Snowbird staff positions, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a results-driven Financial Controller to manage and improve our ministry’s financial performance and direct our accounting operations. This is an amazing opportunity for the ideal candidate to combine their accounting skills with their desire to play an important role in helping to share the Gospel and equip the church.
Duties for the Financial Controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a Financial Controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy while supporting the SWO mission and core values.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy Financial Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the senior team while providing execution of core accounting functions
- Provide trusted advice to the COO and Board of Directors on matters related to the financial affairs of SWO
- Work with Directors and COO to prepare an annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors
- Hire, lead and manage the finance team
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor internal controls
- Overseeing and preparing income statements
- Manage financial transactions – including payroll
- Streamline accounting functions and operations
- Develop plans for financial growth
- Evaluate and manage risk
- Coordinate audit processes
- Promote continual improvement of the financial and budget process
- Optimize the handling of banking and deposit relationships and implement strategies
- Prepare tax returns annually
- Handle all state and federal tax correspondence and resolutions
- Review and approve Vendor Agreements
- Manage bank financing relationships and agreements
- Bachelors of Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Experience in preparing, reading, and reporting on not for profit financial statements
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience in Managing and Navigating 3rd Party Software
- Proven communication skills — written and verbal
- Proven ability to assess, evaluate, and improve systems and processes
- Perform responsibilities for the greater good of the team and other individuals