The Anchor of Christ in the Storm of Depression
Depression and anxiety are real. And, Christians aren’t immune to them. But, there is a difference in how we deal with it. How are Christians able to deal with depression? What is unique about our hope?
Brody and Rob Conti (Snowbird Program Director) discuss the root causes, biblical instruction, and practical steps to fight depression and anxiety.
Depression attacks each person differently—they are driven by different triggers. Abuse, sickness, injury, loss, or any number of other scenarios can tear away at our hearts. It’s important to identify the root of the pain and realize that we are not alone.
Depression affects every part of our being. It controls everything about us, but Christ brings the ability to swim through the flood. Worship the Lord from your place of depression. Give thanks to Him and rest in His goodness!
- Psalm 88
- Ephesians 1
- What Does the Bible Say About Fighting Depression – Rob Conti (blog)
- Dealing With Depression – Rob Conti (Breakout session from SWO19)
- Romans Sermon Series – Red Oak Church
- Depression: Looking Up From the Stubborn Darkness – Edward T. Welch
- Spiritual Depression: It’s Causes and Cures by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get blogs, resources and podcast episodes sent directly to your inbox.