Romans 8: The Identity That Drives Godliness
Brody Holloway | Romans 8:1-11 | SWO20 Tuesday Night
Romans 8 is one of the most-loved passages in the Bible. It’s full of grace, Gospel-driven doctrine, and bridges toward the practical chapters later in the book. Brody examines what Romans 8:1-11 says about our identity as Christians, and how that applies to our daily walk with Christ.
4 Great Truths
- I’m free from condemnation.
- I’m free from bondage.
- The Spirit of life is in me.
- Death has no power over me.
2 Great Realities
- God is no longer punishing me because Christ has taken my punishment.
- If God punished me, He would be punishing someone/something that has already been paid for by Jesus’ death.
2 Dangers We Face
- Too much guilt, pain, and unworthiness will make me feel like I have to prove myself.
- I can lose the motivation to live a holy life.
Want to find out what we’re learning? Join the Snowbird Newsletter and get our list of favorite books!
Learn more about our student and adult conferences at https://www.swoutfitters.com/
Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the exposition of Scripture and personal relationships in order to equip the Church to impact this generation.
We’d love to connect with you. Follow us here!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Get blogs, resources and podcast episodes sent directly to your inbox.