Missions Conference: The Jesus We Proclaim
Brody Holloway : Missions Conference : Colossians 1:28 : April 21, 2018
The first step in missions, evangelism, and discipleship is the faithful proclamation of Jesus. So what exactly should we proclaim? Jesus as a “good person”? Should we only exalt Him when He blesses us? A lot of people will give credit to Jesus for good things, but we know that Jesus was much more than just a good prophet and teacher. So what, specifically, should we proclaim about Christ to be faithful to the Gospel?
>> 7 things we are to proclaim about Jesus:
- The incarnation of Jesus
- The fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy (Genesis 3:15)
- The virgin birth (Romans 5:12-21)
- The sinless life of Jesus (Hebrews 4)
- The earthly ministry of Jesus
- The death, resurrection, and exaltation of Jesus (Philippians 2, Isaiah 25-26, Hebrews 2)
- The exclusivity of Jesus (Galatians 1:6-9)
In many cultures and traditions across the world, people are raised to view Jesus as just another prophet. But we know that some of these people are now hearing the truth of Jesus through faithful disciples of Christ and are proclaiming Him as God, their Savior.