Godly Manhood Doesn’t Happen by Accident: Guys Breakout
Zach Mabry | Colossians 3:1-4 | Guys Breakout
We are impulse-driven, and we put ourselves in situations where we make bad choices. Sometimes, we need someone to talk us off the ledge.
2 Commands to Follow:
- Seek the things that are above.
- Set your mind on heavenly things.
Right now you are becoming the man you’re going to be. There is no guarantee that you’ll become a man in maturity, simply by getting older. Culture today expects nothing from you. Prove them wrong! Be an exception in this generation.
“When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.” (1 Corinthians 13:11)
Ask yourself, “Is this what a godly man would do?”
Put to death things of the flesh. Kill them.
Put on these things instead:
- Be a man of the word, not of the world.
- Guard your heart according to His word.
- Become a type of man that a wise woman would want to marry. This won’t happen by accident so apply yourself.
- Learn to communicate well.
Want to find out what we’re learning? Join the Snowbird Newsletter and get our list of favorite books!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get blogs, resources and podcast episodes sent directly to your inbox.