5 Things Joshua Teaches Us About Ministry Leadership
- Joshua was born and raised as a slave and likely had no sense of entitlement.
- Joshua was in the first combat of the Israelites against the Amalekites. He was a soldier, leading in combat.
- Joshua served as Moses’ assistant — he was not the number one guy.
- Joshua suffered the consequences of the ten unfaithful spies (besides he and Caleb) for 40 years. He stayed the course, faithful to the Lord, serving behind Moses.
- Joshua had an impressive resume, but God still had to call him to courage. Only he and Caleb did not tremble in fear when they spied out the promised land.
What did God command Joshua to do in the face of struggle and fear?
- Be strong and courageous.
- Meditate on the Word of God.
- Obey the Scriptures.
- Speak the Word of God with boldness.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get blogs, resources and podcast episodes sent directly to your inbox.