A Study Through Colossians
By Zach Mabry
One of the most important things we can do together as Christians is to work through different passages of the Bible with each other. What a great way for God to convict us, teach us and lead us into instant accountability.
If you’re looking for a small group Bible study that goes deeply into the identity of Jesus Christ then this Colossians study is where you want to start.
Zach Mabry has prepared this expositional study by breaking the book into twelve concise sections that teach the reader how to read and study the Word of God on their own. His practical approach to understanding and applying God’s Word is refreshing for students and anyone else who is hungry to know Christ more.
The first step in Christian growth is the study of God’s Word. Remember that God has given us His Word, not for some kind of academic discipline, but so we can know Him better through it.
This study guide will help you know how to study the Bible and help set a pace so you can study together. Each section of this guide will focus on a particular passage of the book of Colossians, provide context, attempt to explain what God is saying, and offer questions to guide you in personal application.
Let’s use these questions to help us dig deeper into God’s Word and apply it to our lives.
Download the Bible study PDF today and gather your small group to study the book of Colossians together.
Here’s a Quick Overview of the Sections:
- Intro (Colossians 1:1-2)
- Thanksgiving & Prayer (Colossians 1:3-14)
- The Preeminence of Christ (Colossians 1:15-23)
- Christ in You: The Hope of Glory (Colossians 1:21-2:5)
- Walk in Him (Colossians 2:6-15)
- Let No One Disqualify You (Colossians 2:16-23)
- Seek the Things That Are Above (Colossians 3:1-4)
- Put to Death (Colossians 3:5-11)
- Put on Holiness (Colossians 3:12-17)
- Practical Obedience (Colossians 3:18-4:1)
- General Instructions (Colossians 4:2-6)
- Closing Words (Colossians 4:7-9)