Merry Christmas, Remember Jesus
Merry Christmas from Snowbird! Our prayer is that your Christmas season has been filled with the joy of Christ Jesus. God became and laid Himself down for our salvation—those who rebelled against him in the Garden of Eden and continually rebel against His lordship daily. He maintained His deity while taking on human form in order that He might become of us, live a sinless life, and then willingly lay that life down on the Cross of Calvary. Our Lord chased down His rebellious creation to bring us back into a holy relationship with Him—for His glory.
“Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
Remember that the most glorious things about Jesus’ birth are who He is and what He came to do. Read and meditate on the Bible this week. Watch The Nativity Story movie. Read the Jesus Storybook Bible with your kids. Talk about the lineage of Christ through the family of David in Matthew 1. Remind yourself that both shepherds and kings alike fell down to worship the God-man, Jesus. Create a hunger in your family for God’s Word and a love for the grand story of redemption that God has been working since before the beginning of time.
Also, enjoy giving good gifts to friends and family. Praise God for his physical blessings by serving others. Show them your gratitude, appreciation, and love from a true heart that rejoices in them. Here are great questions from Dr. Don Whitney (professor at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary)* to help all of us remember why we truly celebrate Christmas!
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since last Christmas?
- What was your best Christmas ever? Why?
- What’s the most meaningful Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
- What was the most appreciated Christmas gift you’ve ever given?
- What was your favorite Christmas tradition as a child?
- What is your favorite Christmas tradition now?
- What do you do to try to keep Christ in Christmas?
- Why do you think people started celebrating the birth of Jesus?
- Do you think the birth of Jesus deserves such a nearly worldwide celebration?
- Why do you think Jesus came to earth?
*Used from Pay Attention to Your (Christmas) Doctrine in Towers (Volume 12), SBTS, November-December 2013.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get resources, podcast episodes, and SWO updates sent directly to your inbox.