5 reasons that you should send your students to Snowbird:
By Daniel Ritchie (student pastor)
- Personal interaction with your students – It does not take long to look around and realize that relationships matter to students in their day to day life. There is no replacement for personal interaction with your students, so we maintain a 4 to 1 student to staff ratio here at Snowbird so that we can consistently pour into the students on campus. Personal ministry, interaction, and discipleship are core values to us and we want to do everything we can to engage, love and disciple your students while they are here.
- Top-flight fun – At the end of the day, we want your students to have so many choices of things to do and have so much fun that they can’t help but want to come back to Snowbird as soon as possible. They’ll have the chance to choose from recreation options that range from paintball, ropes course, skeet shooting, lake tubing, whitewater rafting, horseback riding and a whole lot more. Your student will not be bored during their time here at SWO.
- Location, location, location – Snowbird is blessed to be nestled just outside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Our location enables us to provide your students with a ton of fun in a variety of ways. In just a short bus ride from campus, you can have students hiking the Appalachian Trail, rafting the Nantahala River, canoeing on Lake Nantahala, or snowboarding at Cataloochee Ski Resort. No matter where you go when you’re with us, you’ll be surrounded by the beauty of God’s creation while you are away from home.
- Bold, expositional preaching – Our heart is to provide your students with preaching that is based on the Word of God and not the words of men. Exposition of God’s Word is a core value of who we are and we sow that into everything we do. All of the men who teach in our main worship sessions have 20+ years of experience in preaching in a student ministry context. Staff members, recreation and worship songs will come and go but it is God’s Word that will last and change your students’ lives forever.
- Faithfulness to proclaim the Gospel – Our aim is to make known the authority and supremacy of Jesus Christ in all things, to all people, at all times. We seek to present the gospel in multiple avenues like expositional preaching, breakout sessions, carefully selected worship songs and creative arts like drama and video. Our staff is trained to engage students in gospel-centered conversations while they sit at meals or when they are on recreation.
Johnny Hunt – FBC Woodstock, GA (Pastor)
“It is a real joy for me to commend to you the ministry of Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters. ”
Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner – The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
“I am happy to commend Snowbird’s ministry. They are committed to the gospel of Jesus Christ, and desire to see young people saved and for them to grow in Christ.”
Zach Williams – The Lone Bellow
“I am eternally grateful for the Snowbird Outfitters staff’s relentless pursuit of God and the pure definition of ministry they displayed to me.”
Ben Dockery – Trinity International University
“Choosing a camp is often a decision between a fun, beautiful, adventurous facility or strong leadership and great teaching for your students. At Snowbird, these two things collide. You’ll have an unforgettable experience and challenging Gospel-centered teaching from the Word of God. I love Snowbird Outfitters”
Brock Ray – Brock Ray’s World of Outdoors
“Over the last few years I have been able to develop a relationship with Brody Holloway and some of the folks at SWO. It has been an encouragement to me and the desire I have to impact students with the Gospel, through the use of the outdoors. These guys are passionate about students and about using ALL the tools God has given us to reach them with the love and message of the Gospel. I can honestly say that God changes lives at SWO.”
Billy E. Mauldin, Jr. – Motor Racing Outreach (President & CEO)
“Snowbird truly is a partner with us in ministry; ministering to our students and helping us as leaders to minister to our students as well!”