Pray for Muslims During Ramadan
Today, June 18, begins the month of Ramadan for Muslims all across the world. Muslims will be focusing on spiritual discussions, prayer, and fasting to a false god. Many may be open to discussion with Christians they know. Pray the Holy Spirit opens these conversations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Russia, America, and everywhere in between. Seek out Muslims in your own community that might have never heard the Word of Truth, and tell them about Jesus.
Christian missionaries and churches are fasting and praying today for those trapped in the lie of Islam. Use this entire month to meditate on the Bible, pray for Muslims, and fast for Christian missionaries in those regions.
We encourage you to access the Internation Mission Board resources regarding Ramadan and reaching Muslim people groups.
Here is an excerpt from the IMB Central Asia website:
Meditate on Ephesians 1 and let the words of Scripture lead you in prayer as you fast. For example, you could pray as follows:
“God, we praise you for your glorious grace and pray that you will adopt many Muslim men and women into your family (verse 5).”
“Forgiveness of sins only comes by redemption through your shed blood, Jesus. Please open many eyes to the mystery of your gospel, that they would believe and receive salvation (verses 7-8).”
“Cause the words of truth – your gospel – to come to every corner of Central Asia, that many would receive the inheritance of eternal life (verse 13).”
- Pray that God will open the hearts of many Central Asians to understand that only Christ’s righteousness can satisfy a holy God.
- Pray that many Central Asians will recognize the fruitlessness of the Ramadan fast and cry out to God for salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Pray that workers in Central Asia will be bold and faithful to proclaim to their Muslim neighbors and friends the message of salvation by faith in Christ.
- Pray that God will reveal Himself to many men and women in Central Asia’s most remote and spiritually dark regions.
- Pray that God will give courage and faithfulness to Western believers who desire to show love to Central Asians in their communities.