SWO Approved: Worldview & Apologetics
This past weekend, we finished up our first Worldview Student Conference. It is vital that, as Christians, we understand what it means to view the world with a perspective based upon the truth of God’s Word–and how to interact with others from differing worldviews. Here are some SWO Approved resources that we encourage you to listen to, read and watch:
- Collision (movie) – Doug Wilson
- The Collision movie covers a series of debates between leading atheist Christopher Hitchens and evangelical theologian Doug Wilson. The two brilliant men tackle the question, “Is Christianity Good for the World?” This is a movie our staff recommends wholeheartedly to all as a tool in learning how to give a defense for what you believe.
- The Case for Christ (book) – Lee Strobel
- Lee Strobel, former legal editor of the Chicago Tribune, cross-examines a dozen experts with doctorates from schools like Cambridge, Princeton, and Brandies who are recognized authorities in their fields. Strobel challenges them with questions like How reliable is the New Testament? Does evidence exist for Jesus outside the Bible? Is there any reason to believe the resurrection was an actual event?
- Worldview Apologetics (podcast) – Zach Mabry
- This is a breakout session that Zach Mabry taught at SWO12 Summer Camp. He explains how to hold to and live by a Biblical Worldview in contrast to a secular worldview and the importance of apologetics.
- Just Thinking & Let My People Think (podcasts) – Ravi Zacharias
- Ravi Zacharias is a staple in the worldwide discussion over the truth of Christ Jesus and our Lord. His patient but bold exposition of the scripture is refreshing and challenging to any Christian. Zacharias continually exhibits love and grace of Christ in his passionate plea for repentance and faith by the lost.
- A Shot of Faith (to the head) – Mitch Stokes
- Zach Mabry, our resident worldview teacher, recommends Stokes’ book to all Christians seeking to better understand how the Christian faith stands up to scrutiny by scientists, atheists, and intellectuals. According to the publisher, “In A Shot of Faith of Faith to the Head, Mitch Stokes, Senior Fellow of Philosophy at New Saint Andrews College, dismantles the claims of skeptics and atheists, while constructing a simple yet solid case for Christian belief. This profound yet accessible book proves the rationality, consistency, and reliability of the Christian approach to science and life.”