Christ is Enough
What do we really depend on? Unfortunately, we often put more trust in money and material safety than we do in our God. Do you ever find yourself (or your family) feeling like you never have enough financially? How can someone with absolutely no material wealth can seem like the most joyful person you have ever met? Spencer Davis preached a sermon at Red Oak Church this past year, and we wanted to pass along some great insight into Paul’s instruction on wealth and contentment.
8 ways to be content:
- Create a budget, and abide by it. Know where your money goes.
- Spend less than you make. Simplify your lifestyle.
- Give your money away. Budget to give away, and let that be the only budget you break.
- Realize true contentment comes from Christ only.
- Pray for contentment.
- Delight in God’s God gifts.
- Remind yourself of Jesus’ teaching on money in the bible.
- Hope in God’s sovereignty, and not in riches
All we need is Christ. Period. God blesses us with material possessions for the sake of loving and serving others, and we must learn to hold it loosely.